Mid-Year Update 2013
New Financial Year, New Commitment to Higher Value Customer Service
From the Managing Director - July 2013
I have recently been speaking with a number of CEOs and Senior Managers about maximising the value of their organisations’ customer service research in order to drive business improvement. When I asked them to explain what ‘value’ was for them, they were pretty clear that they want to learn from their customers how to deliver more efficient processes (i.e. improve self service, whilst maintaining high satisfaction levels) and minimise customers going elsewhere.
Here are 5 things that will help organisations achieve more value from their customer research:
- Be clear on the purpose and objective of the customer research, and why you are doing the research.
- Spend time with frontline staff to hear firsthand the customer service issues and opportunities.
- Create a sense of urgency when implementing recommended improvements from research programs. You would be amazed how quickly the next survey comes around and nothing has been done as a result!
- Work with your research partner to refine your questionnaires and methodologies to best reflect the measures that really matter to your customers and impact the customer experience.
- Talk to your industry peers to hear what they are doing. Industry groups (like FEAL and LGMA) have done a lot in recent years to build great knowledge and benchmarking.
Paul van Veenendaal
Top 10 Customer Service Providers this Quarter - CSBA
|1||University of Western Sydney|
|3||University of Queensland|
|4||Gladstone Regional Council|
|5||City of Fremantle|
University of the Sunshine Coast
Southern Rural Water
|10||Surf Coast Shire Council|
|Contact us to find out more about the top 10!|
To read more about our events or to register your attendance, please click here.
|Wednesday 14 August 2013|
|Fourth Annual Customer Service Forum - Western Australia|
|Thursday 29 & Friday 30 August 2013|
|HoSA Annual Conference 2013 - Gold Coast|
|Friday 30 & Saturday 31 August 2013
|LGPRO Annual Customer Service Conference 2013 – Victoria|
|Thursday 10 October 2013|
|Fifth Annual Superannuation Forum – Victoria|
|21 FEBRUARY 2014|
|Associate Professor Don O'Sullivan Luncheon (Melbourne)|
|7TH, 8TH, 9TH MAY 2014|
|Student Service Centres Conference 2014 (New Zealand)|