In an era where student services teams are more likely to be interacting with financially and emotionally vulnerable students, the risk of burnout for those on the front line has been dramatically increased. We want to help you support your team with practical guidance on how to respond to customer interactions with compassion, but without them compromising their own wellbeing.
About the online class
Designed specifically for leaders of Student Services teams, this Master Class will give you the understanding, tools and tactics to support your team.
Through practical and interactive exercises, the master class will help you support your team to:
- Better recognise and handle conversations with vulnerable customers, including understanding their needs through empathetic questioning
- Use action-focused language to support vulnerable customers
- Recognise the difference between empathy and sympathy in order to help your team avoid ‘empathy burnout’
- Understand key resilience strategies applicable to staff on the front line
- Understand the physiological effects of stressful conversations
- Recognise ways to enhance self-control when handling challenging interactions, including reflecting on ‘stress triggers’
- Use a growth mindset to better deal with ambiguity – recognising ‘think traps’
Your Instructor: Janine Mitchell | Training and Development Consultant
Janine is a highly accomplished customer contact professional with over two decades of experience managing effective, award winning contact centre teams. Responsible for developing the operations of some of Australia’s best-known and loved brands and customer service leaders, Janine is highly respected throughout the industry. She’s passionate about employee engagement and firmly believes it is an essential ingredient in business success. At CSBA, Janine helps our clients improve their customer experiences through staff coaching and development and assists in driving business improvement by providing leadership coaching and guidance.
When and where is it held?
Date: Thursday 27th May, 10am – 12pm
Where: Zoom Meeting, details to be provided
How do I register? Click on the button below and sign up through Eventbrite